This page discusses the protection of areas as it works in most Final Minetest _games.
Most _games use OldCoder "areas". This is a version of the old "areas" mod with these special features:
- You can use much shorter commands like "/a1" and "/a2"
- "protector" protection can be converted to "areas" protection
- The "areas" HUD display is limited in size
Areas Short Commands
- /a1 or /apos1 instead of /area_pos1
- /a2 or /apos2 instead of /area_pos2
- /rra instead of /recursive_remove_areas
How to Protect
Imagine a box around the area you want to protect. Go to one of the lower corners. Type "/a1". Fly or climb to the opposite upper corner. Type "/a2". Then type something like:
/protect Jane Blue House
How to Add Somebody
Sorry, this is tricky. To add Bill to a protected area, try this. Go to the area. You should see the area name and ID number displayed. Let's pretend that the ID is 42. Type commands like these:
/select_area 42 /add_owner 42 Bill Bill's Room
Replace Bill with the right player nick. Replace 42 with the right area ID number.
World admins can add people in a easier way using something called CoderGroups. We'll need to explain that later.