There is a FAQ in this wiki, based partly on a thread in the forums. I don’t have the user rights to edit the main page, so could someone who has the rights add a link on the main page to the FAQ? A FAQ is pointless if it is not prominently linked.
[DONE] Add other IRC channels.
There are at least two other channels:
Could these links be added on the Resources section?
These channels are also linked from the IRC page on the main site.
[DONE] FAQ page split-up
Hi, I have split up the FAQ page. All technical problems have gone to Troubleshooting. It feels more logical to me to keep those two things seperated. I request a link to the newly created Troubleshooting page. --Wuzzy (talk) 17:12, 17 December 2013 (MSK)
[DONE] Add new Main Page language
Please include Japanese. I have created the page. Rui on 9 March 2015, at 01:00
- Main_Page/id, Main_Page/ru and Main_Page/cn can be added. CraigyDavi (talk) 18:57, 3 January 2015 (MSK)
- I added German to the main page as it looks complete enough. Note that the users usually expect several pages to be translated already; so, I won't add languages like Russian for now, but only when they will be more complete. Calinou, 22:54, 21 January 2015 (MSK)
[DONE] New Link
http://rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding_book/ to the main page
- Reply by Wuzzy: I don't think this needs to be on the main page. It's good enough it it's on the Modding-specific pages and/or the Dev Wiki --Wuzzy (talk) 10:14, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
[DONE] Allow people to register again
Hi! I've heard not even the core developers are allowed to edit this wiki. How about opening registration for everyone again? Or at least add a hint on the homepage on how to get an account. Was there a reason why registration was locked down? --Wuzzy (talk) 16:40, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- This can be considered done, as people can request wiki access thru the forum. --Wuzzy (talk) 22:09, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
[DONE] Add Biomes and Map generator to homepage
Can you please add the pages Biomes and Map generator to the home page? Both explain pretty crucial core concepts so I think these pages should become more visible. --Wuzzy (talk) 16:42, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
I ask to add a link to the Mod Search Engine http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php The section of mods on the forum turns into a dump because of the lack of subheadings (subtopics), the native search of the forum is buggy and does not find all the mods, what's why sometimes we see almost full copies of mods appear.
- I don't think it belongs to the main page. It's good enough when it's in the Dev Wiki or on the specific page about modding. --Wuzzy (talk) 18:12, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
[DONE] Introduction is completely wrong
The current introduction to Minetest is very very wrong. It says that Minetest is a “game” and the text mostly describes Minetest Game, not Minetest. Minetest is no longer a game since version 0.4.0.
Suggested new description:
- Minetest is a game engine for various games which usually play in an open world made out of cubes, inspired by InfiniMiner, Minecraft, and the like. You can download games, mods and texture packs in Minetest or join a server.
- Minetest is free software, released under the GNU Lesser General Public License (version 2.1 or later). This allows the better support by the community and a static improvement.
- Become part of the Minetest community and start today!
- Done. --18:12, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
[DONE] Edit rights to Main Page
I hereby request rights to edit the Main Page directly. It's becoming tedious to ask for permission for every single edit. You can trust me, I have contributed to the wiki for almost seven years. --Wuzzy (talk) 10:07, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
- Done. --18:12, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
[NOT DONE] added/modify texture_packs pages
CHyper is new to wiki, but well done small changes to minetest-wiki!